Saturday, May 9, 2009

Dreams

I don't remember mine. It's strange. I know I must dream at night, but I can never remember anything when I wake up in the morning. And it bothers me.

Maybe I should count myself lucky. That also means no nightmares. I just think it's odd.

I can't blame sleep problems, I sleep well at night. I rarely wake in the middle of the night, except for the occasional trip to the bathroom. I don't toss and turn, usually waking on the same side I fall asleep on. I wake naturally in the morning. The only days I have to set the alarm is when I work an early shift, then I get up at 4:30am, giving myself plenty of time for coffee before that early shift. That's only 2 mornings out of the month.

I generally sleep about 6 or 7 hours, and don't feel the need for a nap during the day, so I'm getting enough sleep.

When I was a child, I would talk in my sleep, and for a few years, had some sleepwalking incidents. According to my father, I would get up and turn on the lights and TV, making enough noise to wake him. He'd lead me back to bed and turn everything off. Now, this was back in the 1960's when the only thing on in the middle of the night was static or a test pattern.

So why can't I remember anything when I wake up? It's disappointing, and puzzling.

The last dream I remember was over 7 years ago. I was napping with my head on my arms on the kitchen table. Back then I did suffer from not getting enough sleep, and had long stressful days. The only reason I remember the dream is because I was riding a bicycle in Traverse City. Up and down hills, lost and trying to find my way among all the one way streets that this city was notorious for. A real driving nightmare(no pun intended). I have no idea where I was going or why, and I was alone. That's it.

It would be interesting to set up a noise activated tape recorder to see if anything does happen and what exactly. Maybe I snore. I don't think so. No one has ever accused me of snoring.

If you have any theories, leave me a comment.....

I'm befuddled!

~Namaste~

No comments:

Post a Comment