Monday, May 4, 2009

Confession.

There are days I just don't know what to talk about. This is one of them. And to be honest, I didn't take the time to prepare anything.

I've got some topic ideas for this blog, but I need to organize my thoughts, and make some notes, before I share. I feel like I've got homework.

All kidding aside, I think I'm going to enjoy the challenge of writing every day, and for me, it will be just that. I've got to develop the habit of working on fleshing out entries-oh oh, another habit to work on....

I just don't find my life all that interesting. Or maybe eventful would be a better description. I don't have a career that I can discuss, which also limits the people I can talk about. No kids at home to share anecdotes about. Son has even been kind of quiet lately, but I know he's in the final days of classes and has alot of work to do. No vacations, or boyfriends, or dramas unfolding...I don't know, that may be a good thing... I'm just pretty boring.

And that's where the challenge comes into play. How do I fill the page with the type of things that will peak a reader's curiosity to return...tune in tomorrow for the current bird sightings...

But in a way, those are the things that are most important to me. Living a quiet life that allows me to stand at a window and gaze at the antics of the birds, squirrels and chipmunks for a few minutes. Noticing that the lily-of-the-valley are finally starting to sprout, I can't wait to smell the delicate fragrance of those little bells. Hanging clothes out on the line, how blue the sky was today, and simple things that often escape notice.

At this point, even if no one came here to read, I've got to prove to myself that I can do this. Now that I'm 4 days in, I'm feeling pretty proud of myself for making it this far. And over the next 27 days, who knows what changes we'll see in my style, my thought processes, my skills at taking "not much" and turning it into an entry. It's early days, yet!

~Namaste~

1 comment:

  1. when my life is a riot, I long for quiet. When it is quiet, I struggle with what to talk about. but quiet is when we think. right about what you are thinking about. oh, that sounded so easy, didn't it? lol

    ReplyDelete