Friday, October 10, 2008

Welcome to my new home~

As you can see, I've got the basics taken care of. I still have a few boxes laying around, may rearrange things again, well you know how it is.
It'll be time to get back to work here, soon. As I go through the process of adding the finishing touches, I'll be working on some rough drafts and forming my scattered thoughts and emotions into some cohesive entries. I'm looking forward to it.
It's funny, well maybe not funny, how about cathartic-that being thrust into the melee of having to move my journals has awakened my desires to start writing again. Maybe with a more concentrated desire than I've had in quite awhile. I've even taken to carrying a notebook with me to work, to jot down thoughts that race through my head while I do mindless tasks. You don't really have to focus on mopping the floor, now do you?
Change is a very unsettling state for me to be in. My fears raise their ugly heads: but you don't know how to do that, what if you screw this up, you don't want to look stupid, awkward, you haven't bothered to take the time to learn enough of this yet, why haven't you?
My demons! My inner critic, my insecurities, have a habit of making themselves prominent in my mind. I am learning how to talk back to them-"Oh Yeah? Well maybe it's time I did learn, what if I do screw this up, I can try again". And it goes on.
I've got some catching up to do, so I'm closing this entry for now.
<3 Leigh

4 comments:

  1. Two journals? I can hardly manage one-lol. Isn't everything over here just so professional looking?I am just catching up! Hugs, Dannelle CODE qwwpllt- QUILTS, warm & wonderful, piled in loving layers,tantalizing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't take a walk down the street unless I have my mini-notebook tucked in my pocket. I think my mind would believe I was naked if I didn't have some sort of notebook with me at all times.
    It's because doing the things like mopping is when a mind wanders freely......and we mere mortals have to catch those fleeting thoughts before they sink into a black space we cannot retrieve from.

    Glad I found your words,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the look of your new home. Just remember, a lot of us are victims of our inner securities. You have company, so just close your eyes and take the leap; when you open your eyes you'll find yourself flying.

    ReplyDelete